Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sea Glass Beach Art Photography


Here is a photo composition of sea glass I took while sea glass hunting at the beach. Found washed up dried kelp roots, make a beautiful looking nest or basket for the colourful sea glass pieces. The sea glass nest is then placed upon a beach log, giving it the organic background texture. I think it's awesome that I can go to the beach, find sea glass and make such beautiful photos from what was essentially garbage and washed up ocean debris.

I took this photo with my cell phone rather than my compact Canon camera or Nikon DSLR. I find using my cell phone to be a much easier experience than dragging a camera with me on the beach. I think that cell phone cameras will one day replace much of our use for the bigger cameras. As I have owned and used many kinds of cameras over my life, I welcome a mobile camera with an optical zoom. As a sea glass hunter, I always have my mobile phone out taking photos and videos of my explorations and sea glass finds and then immediately upload those to my social networks. One cannot get enough of looking at photos of sea glass!!

No comments:

Post a Comment