Sunday, November 2, 2014

Teal Sea Glass: My favourite of all

Teal is my all time ultimate favourite sea glass colour! The colour flows somewhere between green and aqua blue. It's a more rare find for me, and teal sea glass can often disguise itself against the pebbles as a stone. When not hit by direct sunlight, the colour seems to absorb the darker ground colour very well, especially when the glass is dry. I think that is why discovering teal sea glass is such a thrill for me. The challenge of discovering these rarities, makes the hunt that much more thrilling. When I look at my overall colour collection, teal sits in one of the smallest containers I have.

This summer, I upgraded my lavender sea glass into a larger container which was unexpected as I thought it was more rare than teal. I don't know what teal sea glass once was, do you? In this piece in particular, one person on Facebook said they saw the profile of a person's face. I could say I see the profile of a Mayan sculpture face. Having lived for several years on and off in the Riviera Maya, I recognized this iconic shape almost immediately. This piece is probably one of my larger teal finds. I very much welcome more teal sea glass into my life. So, what is your favourite sea glass colour? Please take the sea glass colour poll. I regretfully forgot to add teal to the list, but I am guessing that some might lump it either into the green or aqua category.

No comments:

Post a Comment